Saturday, July 5, 2008

Serendipity

I’ve been having some weird experiences lately that I would describe as serendipity. It started when I was looking through my phone book deleting people I didn’t remember from nights that I also don’t remember. I came across one of my dear pretty boys’ numbers… ahhhh SnugFitBottom (Daigle, in case you never got to read his blog of that name), how I miss you.

He is in the Coast Guard and living in Hawaii now, but I thought he had kept his number the same, so I sent him a text message asking how he was doing and telling him that I was thinking of him. Now we are still friends, but we don’t talk that often because he has his life going on down there and I have my life going on up here.

Later that night, I was working the door at one of my chorus events, and my phone starts ringing. I look at the caller id and don’t recognize the number. My phone does this kinda cool thing that none of my previous phones did. If someone calls you and it is a strange number, my phone will identify the state from which the call is being made. So here I am standing in the lobby of the theater looking at my ringing phone. I look up at the other volunteers and say “Who the hell is calling me from Alaska???”

So I answer. Daigle.

I ask him what he is doing in Alaska and if he is calling because he got my text. He said he was in Alaska on tour with his boat and that he called me because he got off work and was feeling a bit homesick for SF. Then he asked me what text. I said I had just sent him a text earlier that day because I was thinking about him. He asked what phone number I had for him and I railed off the local number. It hadn’t been functional for months and months.

So out of nowhere I missed Daigle and sent him a message that he never got. That same day he missed me and called me… ooooooooooh… Mystical!!!!

The other weird timing thing that happened was with Danny…

We were at home watching parts of a home video we had just made and we were talking about the horrible lighting… shutup… yes, yes, that kind of video… jeeze pervs, back to the story… so we were talking about the lighting in the video and I said:

“If I wasn’t wearing the black tank top, you would barely be able to see me I’m so white”

Danny looked at me with his big brown bambi eyes, his eyebrows went up, I could see the witty response building in his eyes… his lips parted…

“I know, Riiiiwiiight!”

A look of sheer utter confusion came over both of our faces… we both turned out heads back to the computer… in the video that we had momentarily forgotten… I had just spoken those eloquent words. We looked back at each other… opened our mouths to say something…

Then both Danny and I lost it. We laughed so hard we made those “oh… God… sooooo… hahahahaha… Stop… Hahahhaa… no… oh god…… cant breath… hahahaha… wait wait… Hahaha…” sounds. Tears were streaming down both our faces, and we were holding our bellies from laughing too much.

It figures, leave it to me to be so uber witty and fantastically gay that I have the ability to supply my own sassy retort via previously recorded video… wait… that didn’t come out right did it… I mean via previously recorded and as of yet unviewed video. Didn’t quite have the same punch did it… oh well, you know what I meant.

No comments: