Saturday, June 30, 2007

48 hours


My buddy Tom from NY is a film fanatic. He thinks he is as big a cinephile as I am... he is mistaken. But I let him have his delusions mostly cuz he is cute and he amuses me. There is this thing called "The 48 Hour Film Festival". The rules of the festival are, you have exactly 48 hours to make your short movie. On Friday night at 7:00pm Tom went to the orientation and signed up. It was there that he had to reach into a bag to find out what genre of film we would be making.

The story was a little crazy... I stole some special magical
tweezers and she could no longer pluck, so she developed
the brow...

Ok... just to fill you in... "Imagine creating a film from start to finish in just 48 hours—casting, writing, producing, directing, editing, adding music—Sound impossible? Well, the 48 Hour Film Project does just that, giving filmmakers the chance to show their talent in an original and creative form. Filmmaking teams of all levels begin at 7 PM on a Friday and deliver a finished 7-minute film by 7:30 PM Sunday. Each team receives a genre, a character, prop, and a line of dialogue that they must work into their piece. You are responsible for putting together a cast and crew, and getting equipment and anything else you need to make a film/video in just a weekend. Any team, regardless of skill level is eligible to participate in this competition."


So then She calls her girls... and they come after me.
Total western theme right... I call some of my boys...
but this is the point in the movie where I realize they
totally ditched me... bitches!!!


So basically we have 48 hours to do this... I was in another one of Tom's films a couple years ago so I was down for doing it again. Except last time my character name was "Gayest Man on Earth" and it was a play on the Wizard of Oz. Needless to say it was in black and white until I open my front door in my teal sequined shirt!!! Well this time we drew the genre of "Western". (Oh god... how do you make a western in a city??) According to the rules you have to do the genre you draw, but... if you want to put some other genre's in the mix you are perfectly allowed to do it. So we threw in a healthy heap of comedy, a little silent film action and just a bit of femme fatale!!

Femme Fatale my ass!!! This is what we spent so much time doing.
Sitting around trying to figure out what to do next. Hmmmmm...


The end product is pretty silly... but we got it done. It was a lot of fun. Running around the city in these painfully tacky costumes and doing a little guerrilla filmmaking. I'll tell you what, doing this kind of thing will really make you think seriously about being an actor. The movie ended up being around 5 minutes long... it took over 12 straight hours to do the filming... and that is just my part. Dear god!!! My dogs were killing me after a while...

Here is a sneak preview of the film. Hope you laugh as much as we did while making it...


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OYJIN8OA


Every western ever made had at least one tumbleweed in it... the one time
there is no wind in this damn city. We had to figure out another
way to make the paper roll down the street.


See told you... Tom... Such a total HOTTIE!!!!

No comments: