Friday, June 15, 2007

Arresto Momentum





I went to Chicago for the gay games last year and it was so incredibly hot I had to get out of there for a couple days. I thought to myself that I hadn't seen my brother for a few years (actually before last summer I had seen him twice in 8 years), and I had come most of the way across the country... I should just go a little bit further and spend a couple days with him.

So, I hopped a greyhound (scariest thing ever) and took an overnight bus trip to Louisville, KY. I know what you are thinking... but Louisville is actually quite a cool city. If I had to live there... I wouldn't hate it. They had cool shops, and nice museums to visit and it was actually the best part of the whole Chicago trip.

In one of those many museums I went to I came across this piece. It is so far, the only piece of art that has had a physical and emotional effect on me. I was so arrested by this piece and what the plaque said that I literally couldn't move away from it for the better part of an hour... and yeah, at one point I remember it making me cry a little.

I took this picture of it and I hope that it has some sort of effect on you.

No comments: