Monday, September 21, 2009

Some fun at the park...


A few weeks ago Mother Mary Diva asked if Danny and I liked concerts... Before we could give the obvious answer she presented us with the opportunity to go with her to the Outsidelands Concert in Golden Gate Park. We went both Saturday and Sunday and had a blast... Here's a few pics.


My future husband and hang out buddy... the dreamy and quite silly Jason Mraz... Top big act of the weekend... Plus he reminds me of Steph because he played what she likes to call "Fun with Humans".




Lead singer Brandon Boyd of Incubus

The always dreamy Eddie Veder and Pearl Jam

Nice view while waiting to go home on day one.

This guy is also quite cute, and looks quite a bit like Tobey McGuire undercover. Conor Oberst has a sweet voice, but I thought the four guitars drowned it out a bit, but they got rocking once the set began. So cute though...

This is where we watched most of the Black Eyed Peas from... We went up closer to the stage, but the youngins started getting roudy... or what they call "dancing"... whatever it was I was tired of having hot boys spill beer on me so we made our way to the tent.

By far the best group of the entire show was a troupe called The Yard Dog Road Show. They were utterly unique and facinating to watch. They hooked me, and I went back for every show. It was like a shared orgasm between the group and the audience... yeah... that good.

In this tent... made just for them.










Closing out the weekend was Tenacious D. Jack Black is a funny guy. And his on stage break up/make up/song was hilarious. However, as his set was beginning the fog was rolling in off the sea and the sweaty hot weather turned chilly and dropped a good thirty degrees and I figured I could always just go home and rent the movie.

Amazing weekend all around. Thanks Mother Mary Diva!!!!

No comments: